“Every time I’ve gone into an interview, I’ve gone in with the mindset that I’m interviewing them more than they’re interviewing me. And 9 times out of 10, I would get that job.”
We’ve had a few weeks in a row of some seriously powerful interviews on the Become an Unstoppable Woman podcast. But today, I’m going solo. And I’m talking all about career and job interview tips, specifically how to negotiate like the strong badass woman that you are.
I was inspired to do this episode recently because I was in a negotiation process with someone in my business, and I realized this is a skill that I’ve gotten to be good at over time.
It’s definitely a learned and practiced skill, but it’s also an energy, a level of confidence. I call it my badass bitch energy, but you might identify your negotiating skills in a different way.
Whatever level you’re at, I’m hoping this episode will offer you all kinds of job interview tips and advice on how to negotiate with confidence and ease.
TODAY YOU’LL LEARN:
- How my background prepared me for negotiating
- How I coach my clients with negotiating as they find new jobs
- Generalized strategies on how to negotiate
- Why you need to make a list of exactly what your ideal situation is in a job
- How to make sure you know exactly what you’re getting yourself into with a position (and how as a hiring manager, you can make sure you’re setting the position up for success)
- A step-by-step on how to respond to a job offer (regardless of whether or not you’re accepting)
- Specific mindset work and mantras you can practice prior to a negotiation
…and so much more
At the end of the day, a negotiation is all about clarity, prioritizing and communicating. This is true as the candidate for a job as well as for the company/person hiring. Today, I want you to get really clear about your priorities so that you can confidently communicate them the next time you’re in a negotiation.
Getting a job offer can often feel overwhelming and rushed, but today I want to encourage you to slow things down. Listen to this episode with intention.
Check it out at the top of this page.
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE: