“You hold the bar of what it is that you’re wanting from a relationship, be it a partnership or a friendship, and others always have the option of coming up and meeting you energetically.”
I’m excited to be back with a solo Become an Unstoppable Woman podcast episode for you today. To share a little background on the inspiration for this one: lately, I’ve been in my own season of networking and focusing a lot on meeting new people, both in person and online.
As I build these new relationships, I’ve been thinking about the relationships I’ve outgrown throughout my life, and I know this is a common occurrence, especially for someone like you who’s listening to this podcast – because you’re likely growth oriented.
With self-awareness comes growth and change, and with those things comes the natural occurrence of certain relationships in your life growing apart.
Today, I want to talk about exactly what this feels like and teach you how to approach it in a way where you can either prevent the relationship from ending by instead growing together, or get to a place where you can grow apart in a way that feels authentic and peaceful, rather than ending on bad terms.
TODAY I’M DISCUSSING:
- How to tell if there’s someone in your life that you might be outgrowing or growing apart from
- Suggestions for how to handle the situation with the person you feel like you’re outgrowing (including specific things you can say in these situations)
- The types of relationships you do want to create moving forward
- Examples from my own life of when I’ve grown apart from friends
- What causes relationships to grow apart
- How to mourn a relationship that’s grown apart
…and so much more.
The goal today isn’t necessarily for you to end certain relationships in your life. But, instead, for you to get very clear on where certain people stand for you and how you’re wanting to move forward. The more you label these things sooner, the more chance you have of growing with someone, or separating intentionally so that things don’t end on bad terms.
I also want you to see that growing apart from someone you care about isn’t always a bad thing. Listen at the top of this page.
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE: